ruminations about architecture and design

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

the american architecture series


A shot of an abandoned factory in Connecticut.
I wonder why the painted the tower red? It was a bold choice and I like to think that someone was making a deliberate decision about drawing attention to the fact that it is an addition to the original building.
In better economic times, this building will be a good investment opportunity for a creative and determined developer. It is close to roads and shops and other important things. There may be some nearly intractable deal-breakers tied up with the property. I know a little more about this than I'm letting on, mainly because I just want to help preserve the condition of the place at this particular moment in time.
It's so romantic, that way, now isn't it? Or at least, isn't it pretty to think so?

No comments:

Post a Comment