ruminations about architecture and design

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

future box office failures


I cannot recommend the Doctor Who movie to anyone. As far as I know, they are not working on a Doctor Who movie but given the habit of production studios to use common myths for the sake of convenience (and to pander to broad fan bases) I expect to see a Who themed film within the next ten years. I consider myself a mild fan, but I don't see how a story about a middle aged, very weird, very British, neo-colonialist space adventurer could have much appeal to audiences that continue to be enthralled by CGI. Elaborate special effects could be incorporated into a Doctor Who story, but he generally uses a combination of wits, technology, and lots of luck to get out of hairy situations. He doesn't have big muscles and his transport system is lacking very much in the cool department (at least on the outside).

No comments:

Post a Comment