ruminations about architecture and design

Sunday, December 9, 2012

believing what we don't see


For many years, towers of ilium believed that the Cape Cod Tunnel existed. Even though I never saw road signs for it on those occasions when I drove to Cape Cod, I assumed that it was located south of the Sagamore Bridge and was restricted to Cape residents. I thought that the tunnel was a good idea, and I had no problem with the fact that I couldn't use it.

Building a tunnel under the Cape Cod Canal would still be a good idea, but if they do it, they should open it to all traffic (except hazardous cargo) and charge a toll to defray its construction and operating costs. Here's an open question to any libertarian minded readers of this blog: Should a private, for-profit company undertake such an endeavor, and should that be allowed?

No comments:

Post a Comment