ruminations about architecture and design

Thursday, October 13, 2011

places to visit, but not yet

This is a Roman ruin somewhere in Libya. I can't tell what this building/space was used for, but it's impressive looking. I've always been curious about Libya, and I hope that things turn out the best for people there. Their history is incredible, and their potential for the future is enormous. The Colonel was eccentric, to say the least, but from what I gather, the country wasn't completely looted by him, his cronies and foreign companies.

If I remember my history correctly, it used to be a major grain exporter to the Romans. Now they can sell oil for the next few decades, which if managed correctly, isn't a bad gig. I suspect there are some beautiful areas along the coast, and I'm sure that there are plenty of sublime moments out in their big piece of the Sahara desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment