ruminations about architecture and design

Sunday, October 23, 2011

teddy cruz

A friend recommended that I look at the work this fellow has done, so I'm blogging about it as a reminder to do this. From what I can tell so far, he looks closely at organic models of residential/urban development for inspiration in an effort to change some of the rigid models of developed world planning. He might be, and I'm jumping to conclusions here, a slightly more sophisticated Randall O'Toole, and more adept graphically.

The planning model of color-coded, restricted use zoning has come to define the American landscape. It drives me crazy, but I live in one of those neighborhoods and would react strongly to certain types of commercial or social uses next door to me (but just two streets down next to someone else would be fine, of course!). And what about the cars? Always the critical question.

No comments:

Post a Comment