ruminations about architecture and design

Sunday, November 18, 2012

on the reliability of the internet


With the exception of this blog, I happen to think that information resources on the web are improving, and will continue to improve over time. The qualification is that it often depends on the question you ask. A good question depends on "pre-knowledge" and it also sets you up for being able to evaluate the flood of data you get from the initial Google search.

As an example of this phenomenon, I happen to think the detail shown above is quite useful for describing a common building condition. Because of my training I can identify everything that is shown here and I could use this image to describe it to someone else. A person without "pre-knowledge" might not know what to make of this.


No comments:

Post a Comment