ruminations about architecture and design

Thursday, January 31, 2013

one of the most important things

I plan on writing a post about what I consider to be fundamental building components, but recent events have forced me to point out that the distinguishing feature of modern civilization is electricity. Towers of Ilium is active due to the fact that Google takes redundancy seriously. If they provide unreliable electrical service, they lose all credibility as a company. That's something that people forget--the information age is the electrical age. It doesn't matter what the voltage is; without electrons harnessed to do our bidding, we are more helpless than we care to admit.

I have it easy. Any electrical problem I have is generally repaired within a couple of days. Even that time period forces me to make small changes to my lifestyle, but were I to lose power for weeks or months at a time, then that loss would re-define the thing I call "lifestyle."

All hail Tesla.

No comments:

Post a Comment