ruminations about architecture and design

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

tuesday time


The downtown urban paradise of Sanford, Florida. Seems like a nice place.

A moment of silence on the blog. I'm considering commenting on the Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman ordeal, but I don't have much to add other than some ramblings about my skepticism of gated communities, the quality of race relations in the U.S., and the culture of fear that has defined human interactions since the dawn of time.

Silence is better. It's a hot day in Boston, which is good for my garden, bad for electric bills, and a grim reminder of how our position on this planet is a balancing act that we're still all trying to figure out.

You can get away with more colorful buildings in southern climates. Up north, a bright cheerful building would look downright annoying in the depths of winter.

1 comment:

  1. Try googling "Houses in Greenland" and see if that changes your mind on the colorfulness of buildings in the south vs the north. I would copy in a picture, but the comment field won't let me.

    ReplyDelete