ruminations about architecture and design

Thursday, May 30, 2013

no solid opinion about Leon Krier

I'm too tired to post a graphic. I read Krier a few years back and I suppose I wasn't impressed (coming soon: a series of posts on my influences--not that we care, but I need to find content).

Michael Sorkin does a hard takedown of Krier in his book review in the Nation Magazine. Given that Krier's book is about Albert Speer, it's easy to see how everything can go to hell with something like that. I think a popular expression is "like shooting fish in a barrel." I've never tried that, by the way, and despite the crazy people I've come across in my life, I've never hear of anyone doing that. But, anyway, Krier, and Speer, and all things that appear are neither here nor there, but they bring fear.

This post made about as much sense as urban planning.


No comments:

Post a Comment