ruminations about architecture and design

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

open for business


So, One World Trade center is moving tenants into some of its space. Let us mark this victory for the democratic, peace-loving capitalist standard bearers of truth, freedom, American pie justice and make-work liberty for allish, home of the free Manhattan style architecture. That the planning and construction process took over 12 years is lost on no one, I hope. It's being proclaimed as the safest office building in the world (insert source here). I doubt that. I'm also not sure how much money the thing will make for its unflappable owners--the Port Authority. Probably more than the original buildings, but that's a function of New York City, not the crack team of development experts who organized this brilliant project. I regard it as a missed opportunity. I hope we can be united by that.

No comments:

Post a Comment