ruminations about architecture and design

Thursday, April 18, 2013

city on the grow


I like how they painted the cornice of this building lime green. Now, where was I going with this blog post?
Probably something about how Boston is recovering from the Marathon bombing, but how things are still weird in the Back Bay area. It's certainly business as usual and I'm curious about the total financial impact of the bombings and the subsequent investigation. It's a crass and unsavory question, but I'm sure that some group of eggheads at John Hancock (which is a primary sponsor of the Marathon) is hard at work on the problem. I'm guessing about $75 million dollars a day--which factors in the losses from closed offices and stores and the overtime associated with the investigation. Three lives lost and forty odd missing legs aren't something you can put a price on, though.

 I'm reluctant to post an image of Boylston street as of yesterday because it is still so surreal looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment