ruminations about architecture and design

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

how long will a bad decision last?


Although Bill Rawn participated in the design of this building I'm not very impressed with its energy performance. It was built as the housing boom was collapsing, and just as energy codes were starting to improve. Now, thanks to the bedroom deficit in Boston, I'm sure that it's turning a handsome profit for some people. But who pays the electric bills? And what other value engineering took place in exchange for some feel-good, but essentially meaningless "green" design features?

Ah, I think of the design decisions I have made, and perhaps I should engage in more self-reflection. How will I atone for the claims I have made in the past and the things that I have built that will fail?

No comments:

Post a Comment