ruminations about architecture and design

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

the happiness of plants

I need to do some research on sub-slab ductwork.

In other news, it's quite cold here in Boston, but by the standards of many places on earth, it's really not as cold as it could be. People in Norway would laugh at this weather, but I don't think they would wear a t-shirt.

I like to think that the buildings I design or work on will help keep people warm. And their plants. Plants like the warmth. I'm wondering if indoor plants are a good idea. They symbolize an effort on the part of modern humans to demonstrate absolute control over indoor environments. "See, I have a tropical plant next to my desk. I keep it alive because I think it looks pretty and it makes me feel strong."

In the move to the new office I had to give up a few plants. So it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment