ruminations about architecture and design

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

the 538 news blog


Since towers of ilium takes pride in its lack of objectivity and has no fear when it comes to making mindless comments or predictions, our criticism of the recently launched 538 blog is par for the course. I predict it will fail. Or more precisely, since nothing really fails on the internet, it will not be as successful as its creator or backers envision. Nate Silver is trying bring rationality and science to news analysis. This is a dumb idea. People do not read the news, do not understand science, and care more about emotional content than policy content.

I will continue to read the blog, however. I am an idealist, and I appreciate lost causes. And since we're on the subject of failure, I decided to post a picture of one of my poor design decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment