ruminations about architecture and design

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

los locos lobos


Some bits and pieces here:

-Wall Street Journal (which is trustworthy and useful about 33% of the time) had a story about how home appraisers are starting to inflate house valuations. Again. This won't end well. Again.

-Is Las Vegas sustainable? No, but who is?

-I'm still searching for a way to explain the difference between gain dominated buildings and enclosure dominated buildings so that is useful for architects.

-The Financial District in Boston is a tribute to bad architecture and planning decisions from the 1920's through the 1990's. Tear it all down and salt the earth. I suppose I should take another post to elaborate on this claim.

-Does the weight of cities compress the underlying bedrock?

-My Droid phone navigation system could not lead me out of a paper bag. How can we hope to achieve an Orwellian police state with such shoddy technology?

No comments:

Post a Comment