ruminations about architecture and design

Thursday, October 4, 2012

this blog has the best coffee


I read in the paper this morning that Dunkin Donuts is filing a petition with the Patent office to have sole trademark rights to the description "best coffee in America." I think this is asinine and an abuse of the intent and spirit of patents. Even if a patent expires, efforts to assign monetary and legal status to opinions, hyperbole, cultural expressions, and historical communication is a waste of human resources. Information and communication only work for human beings if everyone has access, and the trend towards patenting and copyrighting every scrap of word and expression eventually destroys a free society.

I guess the pump don't work 'cause the vandals took the handle.

(I own his albums, this blog is not monetized, and I ain't afraid of no lawyer)

No comments:

Post a Comment